Program WaterVent #11 Geneva
as per February 16th, 2017 – short term amendments expected!
List of Hotels with UN Preferential Rate.
Please mention that you are attending a UN (WIPO) meeting
when making hotel reservation.
Schedule and speakers might be amended.
Expect simultaneous sessions in the afternoon for companies' pitches.
A panel on agriculture-food-water nexus maybe added. Stay tuned.
Our panel questions:
How do you support/ trigger water technology innovations?
Any spinoff activities?
Are you open to apply or buy new water technologies?
Which advice do you have for water tech start-ups?
The most promising water tech you got aware of in the last 12 months
|Program June 7th 2017|
(for all presenting entrepreneurs)
|Program June 8th 2017
Moderation by Ulf Leonhard, WaterVent & Nicolas Lourne, Waterpreneurs
|9.15 a.m.||Opening & Welcome
|9.35 a.m.||Ulf Leonhard, WaterVent: our experiences in running the forum
Nicolas Lorne, Waterpreneurs
|9.45 a.m.||William Sarni, WaterFoundry LLC | Will Sarni Bio|
|10.00 a.m.||Sally Gutierrez, Environmental Protextion Agency (EPA), USA "The american way of dealing with water issues"|
|10.20 a.m.||Booky Oren "The israelian way of dealing with water issues"
Panel I Corporates in Water Industry
- Ralph Erik Exton, Chief Marketing Officer
- Dr. Roland Feilner, Head of SDW Product & Process Development, Krones AG
- N.N. Hubert SE
- Herbert Oberhänsli , former Vice President Economics & International Relations, Nestlé
- Joost Waeterloos, Dow Chemicals (tbc)
- Rebecca Severn, Artington Legal, ex General Counsel at Modern Water plc
|10.45 a.m.||Panel II Unversities & foundations from Europe and Israel
expect universities & foundations describing their water research activities
- Dr Lydia S. Vamvakeridou-Lyroudia, Centre for Water Systems,University of Exeter
- André Beck, Brandenburgische Wasserakademie e.V., water tech & utilitiy association of Brandenburg
- Jun-Prof. Dr. Katrin Schuhen, University of Koblenz-Landau, Innovations in Waste Water Treatment
- Trudi Schifter & Vishakha Rajput, The Water Network (CH)
- Abhirabh Basu, Lux Research (NL)
- William Maize, Bluefield Research
- Samantha Yates , Secretary General at Global Water Leaders Group and Editor of Water Leader magazine
|11.15 a.m||Coffee break|
|11.45 a.m||Company Presentations (elevators & intense care) Part I|
|12.30 a.m.||Panel III
Clean & Water Tech Clusters
Each cluster will introduce their initiative and the role they play in water technology development and recent accomplishments
What are the newest or most innovative technologies coming out from their initiatives?
- Frederik Hammes (tbc), Group Leader in Drinking Water Microbiology, EAWAG
- N.N. Kompetenzzentrum Wasser, Berlin
- Sebastian Wengler, Network manager, Aquanet Berlin Brandenburg
- Johannes Boonstra (tbc), executive board member at Wetsus, European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology
- N.N. Wetsus (NL)
- David Dornbusch, Clean Tuesday, France
- Upmanu Lull, Columbia Water Center, New York
- Claus R. Mertes, Managing Director, Deutsche MeerwasserEntsalzung (DME) GmbH (German Desal)
- Dr. Ghazi Abu Rumman, Executive Director, Middle East and North Africa, Network of Water Centers of Excellence, Amman
|1.00 p.m.||Company Presentations (intense care) Part II|
|2.30 p.m.||Panel IV
Institutions supporting new water technologies
Intro: Mark Lane, Water Mark, UK
- Cristina J. Ahmadpour, MELP , President, Isle Inc. (UK)
- Dieter Ernst, IWC – Innovation and Water Consult, German Water Partnership. Member of the Board
- Pau M. Garcia, Senior Consultant, Florenus AG "IP in water"
- Rafid Alkhaddar (tbc), Hon Vice President at The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- N.N. CIWEM (UK)
- Amir Cahn, SWAN forum (UK)
- N.N. Watec Israel
- Jeff C. Moeller, Director of Water Technologies,
Water Environment & Reuse Foundation (USA)
- Dr. phil.net. Joachim Nöller, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig
- Jens Bergren (tbc), SIWI Stockholm International Water Institute
||Company Presentation (elevators/intense care) Part III|
||Company Presentations (elevators) Part IV|
Water tech Investors (Financial Investors)
- N.N. Skion
- Philipp Hasler (tbc), Emerald Ventures
- N.N. EIF
- Graham Symmonds, Chief Knowledge Officer at FATHOM (Global Water Management, LLC)
Expect further investors as VC, Corporate Venturing, Family Offices
||Anja von der Ropp, WIPO "What can you expect on the UN water ventures day tomorrow"|
- Ulf Leonhard, WaterVent
|June 9th 2017|
|UN Water Ventures Day
UN Institutions are presenting their water activities and projects incl. their need for water technologies
List of Hotels with UN Preferential Rate. Please mention that you are attending a UN (WIPO) meeting when making hotel reservation.
Program | June 8 - 9, 2017 | Geneva